Endometriosis Australia endeavours to increase awareness and recognition of endometriosis, provide endometriosis education, and help raise funds for endometriosis research. Our social media pages are open to everyone and it’s important that we ensure they are a safe space for sharing education, information, and discussion.
We’ve given our social media community guidelines an update to maintain the safety of our community and ensure our socials are respectful and inclusive resources.
We ask that commenters be considerate of others, their opinions, choices and experiences. In order to protect our community, we may hide or delete content which we consider to be inappropriate.
Inappropriate content may include the following:
- Comments which use derogatory or inappropriate language which is likely to provoke, attack or offend others
- Content which is discriminatory, threatening or personally abusive
- Unlawful comments which include inaccurate, libellous or defamatory statements or breaches of privacy or copyright and intellectual property
- Deliberately disruptive comments, misinformation and coordinated group attacks
- Comments that are repeatedly off-topic (for example spam) or include advertisements for products or services.
Remember that our social pages are public places. We will remove content which identifies your private information such as address, phone number etc. If a team member from Endometriosis Australia asks for contact information, please send it over direct, private message or via email.
We also uphold the community guidelines of each social media platform including but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linkedin, TikTok and YouTube.
We reserve the right to block users’ comments and/or accounts if they repeatedly breach these guidelines.
We endeavour to monitor comments as much as possible within our small staff team. If you see something that doesn’t seem right, or that makes you feel uncomfortable, please email us directly at email@example.com.
All comments found on our social media pages represent the thoughts of the individual commenters, and not those of the charity.
Endometriosis Australia does not endorse any comments, advice, statements and or opinions posted on the ‘Endometriosis Australia Education and Discussion Group’ page – they are the responsibility of the author of the post or comment.
If you need individual medical advice, please contact your healthcare practitioner.